Saturday, November 13, 2010

The demoralization of the human spirit.

There have been several times in my life...several, where I truly question my purpose.  Or should I say that I question why others find joy in not uplifting or bringing out the good in others.  I have been posting this blog in the hopes that there would be connections.  Maybe the things I write about will make people think.  Or maybe just make them laugh.  I have found that I don't know if this blog is doing either.  I have also thought that in order for the human soul to survive, one needs validation.  Validation of their worth in life.  Validation that if they were to vanish, that the world would be changed. That someone would be changed. That they would be missed. That someone would care.  That someone, anyone, wanted to know what they were thinking.  How they were doing.  What, they were doing.  That if the people who were closest to you didn't even notice your dreams, who would.  There is a point of utter despair, where you realize that nothing really matters, and that life is just that. Life.  That it goes on regardless whether you are there or not.  And when you aren't there, people just say, "I should have spent more time", or "no one knows how much this hurts".  But in the end, life goes on and we either gain something, or lose.  What we take with us is the true and honest time we give to one another.  Despite our differences, knowing that we value each other.  Because most everything we go through on this planet is superficial.  Except those connections.  And is it really important, all this earth crap?  It must be on some level.  After all, we are here.  I think it is all fear based.  Believe me, I am a first rate student in the class of fear.  So beginning now, I am going to be directing this blog towards more real things.  Whatever those may be.  I just think the functionality of the human race could make a big improvement.  Maybe the way to begin is to look in the mirror.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

I do like this post...:)