Sunday, October 17, 2010

Slugs, Cherry Pits, Shovels and Tutu's

Before I begin my post I have to make mention of my amazing background image!  These are some absolutely gorgeous lamp work beads.  I love the color combination! These were made by an artist on Etsy.  I saved this image over a year ago and didn't think to save who the artist was.  My bad.  I searched, and searched to find the artist but I didn't find her.  I wanted to give her credit for her amazing work.  So if anyone who reads this blog knows who the artist is, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.
So...On to the blog.
Slugs....
Of course, living in Oregon you get used to seeing slugs.  I remember being amazed at the size of the banana slugs!  My dog the other night got one stuck between the pads on her foot.  She walked around like someone had put cat poop in between her toes or something, until it dislodged.  Anyway, the slugs attack the cat food dishes every chance they get.  So one morning, before I had put my contacts in, I thought, "you know, I have never looked at a slug close up before".  I took off my glasses and picked up the cat dish with two slugs on it.  You see, when I have my glasses off, I can only see things about five inches away.  So it is really close up!  I was looking at the slugs face and thinking..."wow, they are kinda cool looking!". But then, one of the slugs went about eating the poop that was stuck to his butt.  YUCK!  Okay, so they are self-contained.  Moving on...

Cherry Pits and Shovels...
I have been putting off burying a cable from my satellite dish for a while now.  I figured I had better get it done before the rain starts.  Amazing thing...I found out that jumping on a shovel with both feet isn't like riding a bike,  it's like riding a pogo stick.  I'm thinking that as you age, the gravity that is pulling every body part down, is also sucking you tighter to the ground.  What ever happened to my ability to jump?  So I went for the two step method.  Put one foot on and then the other.  That way you don't go flying sideways, like a frog with one short leg.  As I was trying to clear the area and moved away old stumps I discovered that some random critter had been hiding away cherry pits. 
Maybe they were planning on using them as ammunition if I got too close.  Maybe they were going to string themselves a lovely cherry pit necklace.  I don't know, but I found their stash!
The more I am writing this blog, the more I am realizing that the English language is something that I could study for a lifetime.  Thank God for spellcheck and grammar check!

Tutus...
I was in my local second hand store, which I love for treasure hunting!  And guess what I found?  That's right!  You guessed it.  A pink tutu!  Now I don't know anyone who doesn't need a pink tutu in their dress up trunk.  I think of all the times I have said to myself, "if only I had a tutu".  So I put it on in the store, over my clothes or course.  I was loving it.  My daughter....not so much.  But she is use to my crazy ways.  You should have seen the looks I was getting from other people in the store.  You know the one.  That sideways up and down glance with the eye roll.  People need to learn to have more fun and let go!  Life is too short to take so seriously.  I mean...seriously.  And then, you know, you have to put it on the dog!

2 comments:

Emilea said...

That's Ok,
my mom MADE ME put on a giant bumblebee costume in the middle of Goodwill. There were also attractive college dudes in there at the same time....

Emilea said...

love your blog by the way, I check for a new post EVERYYYDAYYY ;)