Tuesday, October 5, 2010

yadda yadda yadda

So....I have decided that probably, absolutely,positively a million people are reading this blog. And I had better get on the ball before I lose all my readers due to lack of posting. I also decided that I should write this for me...(thank you Emilea)! 
I was in absolute heaven the other night!  Well, I guess I could say I was eating heaven.  I devoured two cobs of homegrown...my garden grown corn.  We had a really good crop of corn this year.  I think the best I have ever tasted.  I need to pick more and cook them up tomorrow.  And it wasn't just any corn, it was candy corn.  The kind that has yellow and white kernels.  Yum and double yum. Yes, this is an actual picture of our corn (mini) field!
This season is a pretty bad apple season..sob.   There's nothing like wandering around doing yard work and just picking a fresh apple from the tree.  We have some good ones, but mostly they all had quite a few problems.  I think it started with a really warm week in the spring, enough to get the blossoms on, and then a week of extreme cold freeze.  Enough to send all the bees back to their beds and turn their electric blankets on.  After that....not sure what happened.  Hopefully next year will be better.  Every year, I think I am getting a little better at pruning my fruit trees.
I just realized I put this picture in right after talking about my fruit....and then to top it off I hung the bra in the tree to take the picture....(made me laugh)! I didn't know these things grew in trees!  Seriously though, I spent a few days this week decorating a bra for breast cancer awareness at a local craft store.  I had fun doing it.
Lately I am doing investigating on my house.  I'm pretty sure it was built in 1880, but trying to find exact history on the place.  It is very time consuming, yet very interesting.  I think I could definitely be a researcher for a living.  I really love it.  Tonight, I talked to a woman who lives down the street in a home built in 1895, thinking she might have some information that would help me.  She was so very cordial and nice, and her home and grounds are beautiful.  She made me feel so welcome.  It is great to come across people like her.

2 comments:

The Hungry Fashionista said...

Hey i read your blog! And i wish i was chowin down on some of that corn right now!

Emilea said...

Love the bra:)
I feel so special, thanks for tagging me! I'll have to tag you sometime....that sounded wierd ;)

xoxo
Em