Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Let's talk about new skin...

While I work, I listen to music, or talk radio, or just the voices in my head.
Unless they tell me to do evil things....then I crank up the music louder to drown them out.
This election year has brought out some scary creatures that I had no idea were out there.
I mean, I have pretty much figured out that there are some really close minded people out there, but now they are coming out of the woodwork and it frightens me.
So I came up with a grand scheme.
In one split second everyone in the world who harbors any negative feelings for a group of people, for example (whites, blacks, immigrants, Chinese, Japanese, tall, short, fat, thin, blond, brown,gay, straight, etc.etc.etc.)
I could go on and on and on with every label in the universe.
But I won't.
So, in that moment , everyone is switched to the issue that they have the most negative feelings about.
So, all those people out there who say
"I would never vote to have a black man as president",
will become black.
Anyone who resides in fear of another, or hatred of another, simply because of a label or from the actions of one or a few, will become that.
Nothing else will change.
Not where they live, their job, their family, their name.
Then will they realize that hate is ignorance.
Will they realize when one life is lost, we all lose.
Do we hold onto each other near the cliffs edge
or do we push each other off to make room for ourselves?

1 comment:

Skankstas said...

i miss you too! time for another vacay!