Monday, January 10, 2011

What were you thinking?

     What were you thinking about today?  What were the thoughts that passed through your mind and just stayed there and you didn't share with anyone?  Not because you didn't want to, you just didn't think about saying anything.  I was thinking, as I looked at my newest fur friend in our house, what it was she was thinking as she sat in the kitchen by the stove.  So still.  Like a little statue.  Ears twitching at the sounds in the house.  Yet never moving, just sitting.  Was she waiting for a mouse, or just content where she was?  Maybe she was taking everything in and relaying it to some large mother ship in the sky full of feline rulers that watch our every move.  Maybe...
     As I took down the last of the Christmas decorations it kind of made me sad.  Which is crazy, because Christmas this year was very stressful to me.  I should be glad to see it go.  But I wasn't.  The totes full of Christmas are overflowing.  I need more totes.  Or maybe I need less.  Maybe I just need to not let it get to me next year.  Maybe I need to stop worrying that everything will be perfect.  Maybe just being together is more gift than any money in the whole world could buy.
     I thought about Arizona and the shooting.  It made me not want to look at the world.  Made me want to hide away.  Away from people who think that killing someone who believes different than they do is a good solution to their anger.  It makes me sad that people are so confused.  So confused they aren't willing to talk, listen, learn, or understand.  That compassion and love for each other as simple human beings is gone for some people.
   I read some of the blogs I follow, and that made me feel good.  I thought about all the wonderful women out there who are excited about their lives.  Who sit down and type to everyone their thoughts.  Who are trying each and every day to be themselves, and the day after that, be more than they were the day before. Discovering and learning about what excites them.   I applaud all of you.  It is a challenge to manage the time to sit down and compose your thoughts.  Your direction.  I hope every day to get better at it.  Sometimes I fail.  Sometimes I win.
I wonder if I actually wrote down every single thing I thought....wow.  I don't believe everything that goes through our minds is just looking for the exit door.  I guess at some level I am hoping someone is waiting at the exit to see if anything good comes out.

No comments: